Clinical trials (CT) are experiments designed to evaluate new interventions to prevent or treat disease in humans. The interventions evaluated can be drugs, devices (e.g. new insulin administration device), surgeries, behavioral interventions (e.g. kidney health program), community health programs (e.g. breast cancer screening programs) or health delivery systems (e.g., special care units for hospital admissions). Results from randomized CT are usually considered the highest level of evidence for determining whether a treatment is effective because trials incorporates features to ensure that evaluation of the benefits and risks of treatments are objective and unbiased. This is a 3 days’ online course for early and mid-career clinical researchers who intends to engage themselves in clinical research.
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Understand the basic principles for design of randomized CT.
- Understand the terminology and the several common designs used for CT.
- Understand the mechanics of CT, such as randomization and blinding.
- Understand the basic principles of analyzing and interpretation of clinical trial
- Understand the essential ethical consideration involved in conducting experiments on people.
- Trial Designs
- Randomization and Masking
- Outcomes and Analysis of CT
- Ethics in clinical research
- Reporting Results
- Randomized CT
The training will be conducted online via Zoom platform. Participants will need to have a computer with strong internet connection with Zoom, EndNote and Microsoft Office Suite installed.
Course Duration and Timing:
The course will be conducted for 3 days. Sessions will be conducted from 0900 to 1700 hours. But at times it may continue beyond this.
Target Participants and Selection:
Participants will be selected on the basis of the following qualification:
- This course is intended for the clinical researchers.
- Participant from research organizations (e.g. icddr,b, IEDCR) and post graduate medical institutes (e.g. BSMMU) will be prioritized. Other participants are also encouraged to apply.
- Currently working on a protocol of CT.
- Masters and PhD candidates will be prioritized.
- First come first served (female candidates will get preference as per icddr,b policy)
Only the selected participants will be notified by email or SMS or over telephone.
Course fee and course fee submission procedure:
BDT 8000 (Eight thousand only). The course fee includes tuition fee, training materials and certificate of participation. Only after receiving the course fee, participants will be notified of their admission.
Registration and Application:
All interested participants must apply using the ‘Apply Now’ button below
Each participant will be awarded with a certificate only after successful completion of the course. As per the decision of SLT, no certificate will be issued without 100% participation.
Last date of application: 8 February 2021
For further information, please contact
Dr. Hasnat Sujon
Technical Training Unit
Telephone: +8801721 282 127
For information regarding application procedure, please contact:
Technical Training Unit
Cell: +8801755 628 427